Getting a trade license is one of the important steps of starting business in Bangladesh. An entrepreneur needs to receive the trade license from City Corporation or City Council of the respective business area. The trade license filled-in application form must be accompanied by the required documents.
- Application Form
- National ID Card of the Entrepreneur
- Holding Tax Payment receipt
- Recent Passport Size Picture of the Entrepreneur
- Declaration of non –Judicial stamp to abide by the rules & regulation of City Corporation & Municipal Corporation
- A certified copy of the memorandum and articles of association
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation
- Agreement of Partnership
- Tax Identification Number certificate
- A copy of the lease agreement of the registered office
- Work Permit from Bangladesh Investment Development Authority
- Statement of Bank Solvency
- Process map of Name Clearance Certificate for Company
7 to 15 days
- Ranges from BDT 1000-20000 which depends on the nature/type of the business
- For Limited company, License fee is determined on the basis of paid up capital.
- Trade Licenses are required to be renewed annually. The documents required are License Book which is provided at the time of issuance of Trade License, challan Book, rent and receipt of ownership proof and TIN Certificate.Procedure for RenewalThe applicant is required to deposit the scheduled fees at the designated bank. Upon receiving the fee receipt, the City Corporation or Municipality’s relevant zonal office shall complete the renewal process if all the other requirements are met.Time duration: Estimated processing time for renewing the License is 2-7 working days, however, may vary depending on the nature and type of business. Scheduled Government Fee
- License fee varies between BDT 100.00- 40,000.00 depending on the nature and type of business.
- For Limited Company, License fee is determined based on paid-up capital.